Set up signs, banners or decals
Signs can be configured as resizable products or the ones featuring a fixed size or a size selectable from a drop-down.
Go to Menu Explorer and choose Products.
Click on Add new Product.
Name. This field has already a predefined default name - “New Product”. You can edit it to the specific one or leave as is if you need a quick setup.
Choose Product Type - Resizable. This option is intended for products such as signs, banners, etc, and allows customers to change product dimensions during the design process.
Add Locations. The admin area already has two default predefined locations for your product - Front and Back. For this product type, you do not need to upload any images, just update location's name. You can also delete any of them if your product has only one location. If you require more than two product locations, you can add them by clicking on "Add new Location".
By default, product shape is a rectangle and will looks as follows in the designer:
In LiveArt, you can change product shape to Oval and configure product. Please open Advanced Tab for more tools and move to "Advanced Locations Setup".
Default product units are inches. If you need to change them to cm please go to Configurations -> Main Config -> Options -> Unit:
- Default width and height. These are the real width and height of the product area.
The product will be loaded in the designer with these dimensions.
Select Size Type.
Free. The customer is free to change the product size but you can specify some limitations:
- Set Min Size and Max Size values for the short side meaning the width of the product. Blank value means size is unlimited.
- Set Min Size and Max Size values for the long side meaning the height of the product. Blank value means size is unlimited.
- Set Step - means with what step will the values change.
Please see how Free Size Type works in the designer:
Fixed List - the customer will be able to select sizes from the list.
- Enter the Label of size - this is what the customer will be able to see in the designer.
- Enter the width and height of the product.
- You can add as many sizes as you want. You just need to click on "Add size" and create a new size.
- If you don't add any size - The product will be free resizable.
- If you add only one size - select will be hidden.
Please see how Fixed Size Type works in the designer:
No Resize - the customer will be unable to change the size of the product. The product will have default width and height.
Enable Ruler to show product coordinates depending on its size. To enable Ruler go to "Designer Configuration" Tab and check this box.
Please see how the ruler looks in the designer:
If you need more tools such as thumbnail, templates, pricing, etc. please open Advanced Tab. If this setup is sufficient for you, click on Save.
By default, the product background can be colorizable in any color available in designer. Please see "How to add colors".
In the designer, the color selection will looks like this:
You can configure and add some colors limitations in "Colors" Tab.
Add Individual Colors - you can individually add colors from all the available colors in the admin panel. You can see all the available colors and configure them in "Colors" in the Explorer. Leave input blank to use all the available colors.
- Choose Default Color - the color in which the product background will be colorized by default.
- Set "Single Product Color" if you want to allow customers to apply the selected color to all locations.
Assign Color Group - you can select color group of the pop-up and all colors that are contained in selected color group will be available for product background. You can see all the available color groups and configure them in "Color Groups" in the Explorer.
Color Wheel - you can enable a color wheel for better design experience.
Please see how the color wheel looks in the designer:
Click on Save.
This is the advanced setup where you can add some extra configurations for your product such set up editable area, as pricing, templates, add product thumb and category, etc.
Upload Thumbnail (reduced-size version of the image). We recommend using a raster image 110x110px maximum. If the image proportions are larger the image will be automatically resized to fit the 110x110px. Supported image formats are .jpg, .gif, .png, .svg, .webp.
Select Category from the list of categories. You can choose multiple categories and the Product will be present in these chosen categories. If you leave this field empty, your product will be automatically added to default category "Others".
Select a Default Template. This is the template that will be loaded for this Product by default, it should be created and configured at "Premade templates" (see "How to create premade templates"). When you open a product in the designer premade template design will be available for this product.
Enter the Description (short description of the product, visible to the end-user).
Prices. By default, the the price is $1 per product item. Enter the quantity of the product for which you want to set a fixed price, and set the respective price. You can add as many prices as you need, just click on "Add new price".
Select a Pricing Rule. Pricing rule can be created at "Pricing Setup" (See "How to add a pricing rule"). Pricing rules are useful if you want pricing to depend on numbers of colors applied to the design, graphic sizes or the design sizes.
Advanced Locations Setup
This step is almost the same as in Main Setup but have some additional features:
- Choose the shape of the product. You are able to choose two shapes: Rectangle or Oval. Oval shape can be applied to products such as stickers.
- Select type:
- Semi-Transparent - the whole or part of the design that will be added beyond the product area will be visible as semi-transparent.
- Cut - the whole or part of the design that will be added beyond the product area will be cutted and not visible.
- No - design can be visible and added on the product and beyond the product area.